The 4th IDEA Workshop on Pre- and Pro- haptens took place on December 13th, 2016 in Brussels.
The workshop aimed at:
- Presenting the latest results from the IDEA Hydroperoxides TF. As a reminder, the purpose of the IDEA Hydroperoxides Task Force is to provide analytical data in support of interpretation of Patch Test reactions to materials containing the hydroperoxides of limonene and linalool. During the last months, the TF has performed a ring test to better understand the formation of linalool and limonene hydroperoxides within the products and to improve the methodologies to enable the confirmation and quantitative measurement for limonene and linalool hydroperoxides in complex mixtures, including certain types of consumer products. The outcome and the next steps was discussed among all the participants to the IDEA workshops on pre- and pro- haptens.
- Providing a framework, to be incorporated in QRA2, on how to identify and characterise, for risk assessment purposes, the potential of fragrance ingredients to be abiotically and/or biotically converted to reactive forms that induce and/or exacerbate the induction of sensitization. The framework is reflected in the key conclusions at the workshop and in the Rapporteur's final report.
- Tools for the identification of structural alerts for both pre- and pro-haptens - Speaker: Rahul Parakhia (RIFM)
- Update on the work program of the analytical task force, status, remaining activities, timelines and input to QRA2 - Speaker: Andreas Natsch (Givaudan)
- Support program for gaining understanding on the clinical reactions observed by dermatologists - Speaker: Johanna Bråred Christensson (University of Gothenburg)
- How far do the current in vivo and in vitro methods inform on the transformation of pro- haptens to haptens? - Speaker: David Basketter (Consultant)
- Skin sensitisation safety assessment without animal testing: A case study - Speaker: Petra Kern (P&G)